(Photo via @cointossgirl)
Heatthing.com updated with a new video at 12:38am EST, early Wednesday, January 16.
The messages [Imgur gallery of screenshots] in the video were:
- Ten contInue the cHApTer; each with something else.
- a sleeve
- to share
- an invitation.
- a location.
- an announcement.
- thE cIty of bRothErLy LoVE
- your heart is in debt to me
After that invisible ink message, we knew letters 2, 3 and 8 would be important. Letter 8/10 (“an announcement”) was received in Philly overnight Thursday into Friday, and it contained coordinates leading to The Piazza at Schmidts. The girl who received the letter was unable to explore those coordinates Friday due to work, so Staci (@cointossgirl) ventured over to check out the area, while many of us in the absolutepunk thread looked up what stores were in the area. We decided the print shop or record store were most likely to be the place the coordinates were leading to. The print shop was closed, so she waited a few minutes for the record store to open, and finally was able to go in and ask if Levi had left anything. “You mean Brand New?” asked the employee. This got people thinking Brand New was involved, but I was guessing that the name Brand New had been dropped just to get the people working in this store to allow them to leave something there. Brand New is a band people know (or could easily Google) and Shone is not. Now it just seems like the guy was trolling; he was apparently texting Brian Lane throughout. Here’s Staci describing her experience:
The coordinates led to a record store at the Piazza called Creep Records. We dug through records for entirely too long. Erik, the guy at the store, was highly entertained by the entire thing. I think his “clues” made the search much longer than it needed to be but it was all in good fun. I recommend all of you stop in before the “announcement” on Monday. Erik was texting Brian Lane the entire time we were there. He said Brain drove down twice from NY, once to check out the store, and again last night to drop off the message.
For those of you that don’t know anything about the Piazza, its group of apartment buildings around an open space, with restaurants/bars/cool stores. Of note, there is a video screen on the one wall…I wouldn’t be surprised if they use that for the “announcement.”
That was fun . I’m glad I had the chance to go. Looking forward to whatever comes next!
If you’re in or near Philly, you might want to clear your plans Monday evening and head down to see what’s going on.
- larissacoe likes this
- vainlight likes this
- homeofthebrash likes this
- samtram7 likes this
- sowing-season-yeah reblogged this from critormiss
- an-infinite-loop reblogged this from critormiss and added:
- beatlette85 reblogged this from brandnewownsyourmom
- tastethemagic likes this
- alconaut likes this
- jordan-thurston likes this
- disillusionofsafety reblogged this from critormiss
- sha-dy-nasty reblogged this from brandnewownsyourmom
- sassysemicolons likes this
- thisblogisntsad reblogged this from brandnewownsyourmom and added:
- yo-conozco likes this
- owlcrusher likes this
- devilandgodraging likes this
- brandnewownsyourmom reblogged this from critormiss
- whiteliesandcavalcades reblogged this from critormiss
- whiteliesandcavalcades likes this
- alchemy likes this
- acurseofcynicism likes this
- critormiss posted this